Buying a home with good resale value
While you may be just looking for a place to live, buying a home is truly an investment. You not only want to think about your present needs, but also think to the future and what a home’s potential resale value may be. The time to think about selling your home is the day you buy a home. If you buy a home with good resale value, it should be fairly easy to sell it. Here are few things we should consider for buying a home with good resale value.
Factors that increase the re-sale value
1) Number one rule of resale value calculation is the location. You hear agents repeat the phrase in triplicate: location, location, location. If you choose a home in a desirable location, it will always attract a larger number of home buyers. Alternatively, if the location is less than desirable, it’s possible that your future sales price will always be less than the other homes around it, and you may attract a smaller number of home buyers. Houses near to business districts, parks & recreational areas, schools, shopping centers, public transportation and good road links are always hot cake and have great resale value.
2) Purchase a home that has 3 bedrooms. This is the ideal size for potential resale. Two bathrooms are a must, and a 2 1/2-bath home is best for resale.
3) Evaluate storage space throughout the home. Walk-in closets are popular in bedrooms, especially the master bedroom. But it’s also important to have a bathroom closet for linens and towels.
4) Choose a home with a car porch that can fit 2 cars. Due to the increasing car ownership in Pakistan, role of large car porch is imminent.
5) Find a home that has laundry facilities on the main floor. This also increases the value of house.
6) Purchase a house with a large kitchen and adjacent dining room. Most home buyers also look for the family or living room space to be fairly close to the kitchen. Modern appliances are a must for potential home buyers. If the home you are looking to buy doesn’t include modern appliances, you’ll definitely need to invest in some before it comes time to resell.
7) Home buyers prefer natural light and open spaces, with a common sense flow that is interconnected without satellite rooms. A good layout is always desirable and increase the resale value of a home.