In this article, we are going to discuss how you can apply for a new electricity connection. In this guide, you can get the perfect information about new electricity meter connections whether you have a place where you do not have an electricity meter connection or you already have a meter but you want to apply for your new one. So, let us get to know all of the detailed information you need to know!
Electricity Companies In Pakistan
Countless companies are available for you. They are highly trusted and provide you with the best services. In Pakistan, DISCO, a government-owned department, is responsible for developing electricity connections. DISCO, also known as Distribution Company, falls under the authority of PEPCO (Pakistan Electric Power Company).
Following is the list of electric supply companies in different regions of Pakistan:
- HESCO: Hyderabad Electric Supply Company
- IESCO: Islamabad Electric Supply Company
- QESCO: Quetta Electric Supply Company
- SEPCO: Sukkur Electric Supply Company
- MEPCO: Multan Electric Supply Company
- PESCO: Peshawar Electric Supply Company
- TESCO: Tribal Electric Supply Company
- FESCO: Faisalabad Electric Supply Company
- GEPCO: Gujranwala Electric Supply Company
- LESCO: Lahore Electric Supply Company
Electricity Connection Type
To facilitate the electrical connections, they are divided into multiple types. This is done to make working on them easier. These electricity connection types are done in the following categories:
- Domestic Connection
- Commercial Connection
- Industrial Connection
- Agriculture Connection
- Tubewell Connection
- Temporary Connection
- General Services Connection
- Residential Colonies Connection
- Street Light Connection
- Corporate Company Connection
Documents Needed for Applying for New Electricity Connection
To complete the application procedure, you are required to submit some important documents. Some of the common most documents that are needed for any kind of new electricity connection are listed down below:
- Property Document Copy
- Attested CNIC Copy of Applicant
- Attested CNIC Copy of Witness
- Neighbour Electricity Bill Copy
These documents were the ones that are needed for every kind of new electricity connection but, some specific electricity connections need more documents than that. So let us talk more about the industrial, residential, and commercial electricity connections and what more documents they require!
For A Residential Electricity Connection
Apart from the previously mentioned documents, there are some specific documents you need to have if you are aiming for a residential electricity connection.
These documents must be attested by an oath commissioner on a stamp paper only These documents are listed down below:
- A document to confirm that there are no other fees or dues left to be paid.
- If the applicant is a renter then they need to get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) to prove they are also willing to do this electrical connection. That No Objection Certificate has to be on a stamp paper containing a sign from an oath commissioner.
- Any kind of proof of ownership of the property like the power of attorney or something. These documents should be attested by an oath commissioner, class-one officer, or notary public.
- A document to declare that you do not have an electricity connection already.
- Two witness’s attested copies of CNIC for double phase meters.
For A Commercial or Industrial Electricity Connection
Industrial electricity connections and commercial electricity connections both require the same kind of documents procedure. Following is the list for these types of electrical connections that are different than the basic documents:
- Power of attorney for when there is more than one owner.
- Location of that property for electricity connection.
- NOC, No Objection Certificate, signed by all of the directors of that company. It should be done on company letterhead as Form 29.
- A photocopy of the incorporation certificate, also known as the Article and Memorandum of Association for all companies.
- Charge Creation Certificate from Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan also known as SECP.
- Director’s CNIC attested copies of all of their residential addresses.
Step by Step Guide for Applying for New Electricity Connection Online
To apply for your new electricity connection online, you need to follow these instructions in this same order:
- Fill out the application form on the ENC System after identifying what is your connection type and what company is going to supply you with this service according to your region.
- Upload the scanned copies of the listed documents while making sure that their size is not greater than 50 KB.
- After you have filled in all the correct information and attached the scanned copy of the documents, you can then submit the form after agreeing to the terms and conditions that you have to follow.
- Print out that consumer form application that you have just filled.
- Attach all of the required documents with that Application or Consumer form.
- Now send out that application form after identifying the office that is going to do the further procedure.
- A Demand Notice is going to be issued and sent to you after all of the required documents are verified to signal further procedure.
- Then pay for the required amount for that Demand Notice in the relevant bank.
- After paying for that Demand notice fee, send it to the concerned office again.
- When it is made sure that the Demand Notice has been paid, the new electricity connection will be installed in your target area.
Some Important Points to Remember
You have to complete all of the required information otherwise, your application request will be terminated. It will also be terminated if your application is proved to be a defaulter by the DISCO at any stage. The strictest rule of them all is that if the given documents are proved to be fake, then the application request will not only be terminated but, legal actions will be taken against that applicant too.
This was all you needed to know how to apply for a new electricity connection step by step online. If you find this information useful then, you can also share this with others and explore more informative articles on our website!